Northwest Coalition for Responsible Investment
The Northwest Coalition for Responsible Investment is a regional collaborative organization of faith-based institutions committed to using their power as investors to shape a more just world. Members use their rights as shareholders to dialogue with companies about corporate policies and practices that promote social, economic and environmental justice.
NWCRI was founded in 1994 as a program of the Intercommunity Peace and Justice Center. Membership is open to any faith-based institution, religious community, or its related organizations located in the Pacific Northwest.
NWCRI is invested in Change. The corporate changes we’ve made over the last 20 years have helped to create a just and sustainable global community. Learn more about the companies and their changes here.
What We Do
NWCRI enables its members individually and collectively to magnify the social impact of their investments. The Coalition works with its constituency to:
- Increase awareness of issues and the ways in which shareholder rights can be used to improve corporate behavior
- Dialogue with management to create positive change
- Sponsor shareholder resolutions that come before all shareholders and the public for consideration
- Promote community investments in enterprises that demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Adrian Dominican Sisters
- Benedictine Sisters of Cottonwood, Idaho
- Benedictine Sisters of Mt Angel
- Congrégation des Soeurs des Saints Noms de Jésus et de Marie
- Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace
- Jesuits West
- Providence Health & Services
- Northwest Women Religious Investment Trust
- Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, U.S. Ontario Province
- Sisters of Providence, Mother Joseph Province
- Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia
- Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon
- Tacoma Dominicans
NWCRI is a voting member of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR), a global coalition of over 300 faith based institutional investors, SRI asset management companies, unions and pension funds.
Inspired by Faith, Committed to Action, for over 45 years ICCR has been a leader in a growing movement to transform corporate policies and practices to promote the common good of the global community.
Each year NWCRI and ICCR members press companies to be socially and environmentally responsible by sponsoring over 300 shareholder resolutions on major social and environmental issues.
For questions or more information about NWCRI* please contact the NWCRI Director, Judy Byron, OP at email@example.com
*NWCRI is not a financial manager or an investment advisor for its members.