Northwest Coalition for Responsible Investment
Violence in Society
Mission: We Seek to foster a global environment of peace and sustainability.
Concerned by the content of some video games and the ease with which children under 17 have access to them, religious investors have pressed for greater accountability within the industry.
ICCR members met with the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB), the industry’s self-regulating association for video games, to discuss the rating system and protective guidelines for children.
We have been instrumental in moving retailers to adopt and monitor video game sales policies, including:
- display signage about the ESRB rating system
- restrict access to M-rated games
- establish a system to identify the age of the purchaser
- conduct employee training programs
- monitor employee compliance with policies