Human Trafficking Webinar
The Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center offers an interdisciplinary, interactive, multi-school workshop on Modern Day Slavery! We facilitate programs tailored for Catholic 7th-8th Grade and for High School students, with age-appropriate materials and discussions.
Using age-appropriate material that:
- Introduces students to the reality of global and local slavery
- Provides live interaction with students in other schools around the country
- Includes Catholic Social Teaching, polls and prayer
- Helps students understand their impact in the world
- Draws connections between their electronics and child slavery in mines
- Engages students in social responsibility and practices their business letter writing skills by inviting them to write to CEOs
All you need:
- One 45 or 60 minute class period
- Computer & Internet Connection
- Projector or Smart Board
- Speakers & Microphone
- Students who want to make a better world!
Contact IPJC to schedule your workshop today! 206-223-1138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jessica, teacher at Edgewood Campus School in Madison, WI
The material was perfect for the grade level as it was easy to understand and laid out in a coherent and logical format. The students found much of the information to be concerning which drew a lot of interest on the topic. The religious connection also made the presentation more relatable and the students found the Church’s stance to be interesting.
Betsy, teacher at Assumption Catholic School in Bellingham, WA
The students were surprised and moved by the information about human trafficking. They resolved to write letters to electronics companies to ask them to stop using conflict minerals, and to be aware when purchasing products.