Justice Education, Research & Advocacy Staff Needed
with knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching, political systems, web-based technology and commitment to social justice; who can manage all facets of a project, has excellent skills in researching, writing, editing, organizing and presenting.
- Expressed and demonstrated commitment to values and issues which constitute the Intercommunity Peace and Justice Center’s mission.
- Strong research, writing and editing experience
- Experience in developing adult education curricula
- Advocacy, political and systemic change knowledge and experience
- Community or schools-based education and presentation experience
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and principles of Social Justice
- Familiarity with Catholic Church and Religious Institutions
- Collaborative team work
- Ability to interface with the public in representing IPJC
- Proven ability to work as a team member, a self-starter, flexible and adaptable
- Minimum BA in Theology, Political Science Writing for social justice, Adult Education or other field related to position plus 3-5 years relevant experience
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Executive Director, coordinate projects, including
- Editor: serve as editor of A Matter of Spirit (16-page justice journal). Chair editorial board meetings. Develop article outlines, contact writers, coordinate/prepare in office contributions, and edit articles. Collaborate with staff in publishing.
- Justice Cafés: Coordinate young adult cafes. Research and develop monthly host kits. Communicate with café hosts and develop new sites.
- Human Trafficking: Make presentations and collaborate with community partners on human trafficking.
- Education on Social Justice Issues: Research, develop, and provide adult education through publications and presentations.
- Advocacy: Coordinate, research and prepare legislative action alerts.
- Event Coordination: Work in collaboration with staff to prepare, organize and support events.
Salary and Benefits
- Salaried position with generous health care and vacation benefits.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call (206) 223-1138.